BORN: 1957 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
RESIDES - Toronto, Canada
EDUCATION: Fine Arts, Georgian College, Ontario, Canada
The Instituto, San Miguel De Allende , Mexico
Two years creating works in Paris, London, Ireland, Morocco
Coburn’s been a professional artist for over 35 years. If his work looks familiar it’s because it’s everywhere. He can often be spotted drawing or painting on location - both exhibiting and expressing his passion for New York, Paris, Toronto & Tokyo.
• The Mayor of NYC exhibited Coburn’s work as part of a group exhibition titled : Catalyst: Art and Social Justice, at Gracie Mansion, The home of the Mayor and First Lady of New York City.
• He has 27 original pen & ink drawings in the permanent collection of the National September 11, Memorial & Museum in New York City.
• In 2021 Coburn exhibited in a group exhibition at the Silvermine Arts Centre, New Canaan, CT
• The Canadian Consulate, NYC as well as Sciame Construction, Wall Street, NY have hosted Coburn’s works, in 2011 & 2015
• Additional works include: Macy’s Commercial, Britain’s GQ magazine, New Yorker exhibitions, NHL, DIOR, 5 published books about NYC, 20 murals for 2nd Cup Coffee Co. Art created for Britain’s Pop Star Robbie Williams, TD BANK, Cadillac Fairview, The Wall Street Journal, The Globe & Mail, Toronto.
• Beckett Fine Art, Hamilton, Canada
• Gagne Contemporary, New York & Toronto
• Sybil Frank Gallery, Prince Edward County Canada
• Takanawa Gallery, Tokyo, Japan