Katy Bishop is a contemporary abstract painter based in Los Angeles. Her gestural abstract artwork is characterized by bold, expressive, and vibrant use of color.
In addition, Katy is known for her use of alcohol ink in reverse painting on plexiglass and glass. This involves painting on the back of a clear surface, which allows the viewer to see the image in reverse. Whether painting on paper or on glass in reverse, Katy produces a range of vivid, translucent colors and creates unique, organic images.
These techniques add to the distinctiveness of Bishop's artwork, creating a visual experience that is both intricate and harmonious. Her use of different materials and techniques highlights her ability to create striking and engaging pieces.
So far, in 2023,
• Katy had a very successful solo exhibition, VIVID INK, at TAG Gallery, Los Angeles.
• Her alcohol ink reverse painting on plexiglass, TERRA FIRMA VII, is part of the USA Exhibition at The Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, in June 2023.
• Global Painting Conclave awarded the Bronze Award in the competition Abstract Painting January 2023, for BEYOND, an alcohol ink reverse painting.
• SPRING ROSE, an alcohol ink reverse painting on plexiglass, is part of the in-person exhibition COLORS OF THE WORLD in Rome.
• TERRA FIRMA VIII and THE BOX are currently at Encino Terrace Gallery, Encino.
• GALA, HOPE, and DOWN IN THE VALLEY are showing at TAG Gallery in July.
Katy is a member of The Los Angeles Art Association, the California Art League, and the International Association of Art – USA.
She is represented in Los Angeles by TAG Gallery and by MEGA Gallery in Rome, Italy. Her art is held in private collections across the country.